Our team at Smart Weigh thanks you for purchasing this Smart Weigh scale. Our goal is to bring you precision measuring devices that will ensure you many years of quality and reliability. Please read through this safety and operating guidelines for optimal performance. Keep this manual and warranty form for future reference.
- Always weigh on a flat and level surface, free from vibrations and drafts. The corner of a room is usually the most stable.
- Avoid exposure to extreme heat or cold. Scales perform best at normal room temperature. If temperatures have changed dramatically, calibration and adjustment may be necessary.
- Do not exceed the scale’s maximum capacity. Overloading your scale can permanently damage it!
- Allow your scale to warm up for 30 – 60 seconds before performing calibration and adjustment. (if available).
- Store your scale in a clean, dry location. Dust, dirt and moisture can accumulate in the weighing sensors and electronics causing inaccuracy or malfunction.
- Avoid using your scale near strong radio waves emitting devices such as computers, cash registers, and cordless phones.
- Gently apply all items to be weighed. Do not drop items onto the weighing platform.
- Avoid dropping your scale. The warranty does not cover damage due to rough treatment or overload.
- Do not disassemble your scale. This product contains no user serviceable parts.
- Check the battery first if you are having trouble with your scale. This simple step can remedy most Scale issues.
- Packaging material was placed in the battery compartment to prevent any battery drainage during shipping and storage.
- Prior to using your scale for the first time, remove the plastic insulation strips from the compartment.
- When replacing the batteries, make sure to correctly align the positive and negative contacts.
- Place the scale on a flat, level surface, press [ON/OFF] key to turn on the scale.
- Wait until “0.0” is displayed, you are ready to weigh.
- Place the object(s) in the weighing platform.
- Wait a few seconds for the display to stabilize before taking a weight reading.
- Press the M key to change the scales displayed unit of measure.
- If the scale is turned off then back on, it will by default turn on the last unit used.
- You can use the tare feature to subtract the weight of an empty box or container for net weight determination. (The weight of the container will subtract from the available capacity)
- Turn on the scale as described above.
- Place the “tare item” on the platform.
- Press [TARE], key and wait until “0.0” is displayed.
- Add the “net-weight item” the display now will show the net- weight of the contents.
- To return to normal weight display (gross weight), remove any items from the weighing platform and press the T key again to re-zero the scale.
- The calibration of the scales has been performed at the factory. However, the weighing range can shift slightly during the shipping, or due to changes in local acceleration of gravity around the world. If scale begins to show inaccuracies, please perform calibration with a Smart Weigh 500 g calibration weight (not included). To perform calibration please follow the steps below.
- Prepare a Smart Weigh 500 g calibration weight.
- Turn the scale on. Wait until the LCD displays “0.0”, then press and HOLD [MODE] key for 3-5 seconds, the LCD will display “CAL”, then release the [MODE] key.
- Press [MODE] key gain, the display will flash “CAL” followed by the required calibration weight.
- Add the Smart Weigh 500 g calibration weight on the center of the platform, after a few seconds, the display will show “PASS”. Calibration is complete!
Calibration: Auto calibration
Tare range: Tare full capacity
Operation temperature: 10 – 30 c
Problem: Scale does not turn on.
Solution: Check the batteries.
Problem: The weight display fluctuates randomly.
Solution: Make sure your work areas surface is stable and free of any air Currents or vibration.
Problem: Weight display is inaccurate.
Solution: Adjustment calibration should be performed
Note: Performing calibration with the wrong calibration weight may cause severe weight fluctuations.
88888 Maximum capacity exceeded. Remove the extra weight to avoid damaging the load cell.
L Batteries are low, replace the batteries.
OUTZ Zero range has shifted. Perform calibration adjustment. If the problem persists, the load cell can be permanently damaged due to overloading.
Recycling old electricals is easy!
If you’ve bought a new electrical, take your old item to your local recycling centre to ensure that it is treated in an environmentally friendly way.
Find out how to minimise your effect on the environment by visiting www.recycle-more.co.uk. Locate your nearest recycling facilities for electrical waste with the recycle-more.co.uk bank locator, which includes an easy-to-use interactive mapping system.
www.recycle-more.co.uk offers lots of information and advice on all aspects of recycling, making it quick and simple for everyone to make a difference and recycle-more! You will also find advice and tips on how to recycle waste electrical goods and other household items, making it quick and easy for everyone to recycle-more!
- All Smart Weigh products are individually tested and come with a 2-year warranty.