Our team at Smart Weigh thanks you for purchasing this Smart Weigh scale. Our goal is to provide you with devices that measure with utmost precision and will ensure you many years of quality and reliability. Please read through these operation and safety guidelines for optimal performance. Keep this manual and warranty form for future reference.
- Always weigh on a flat and leveled surface, free from vibrations and drafts. The corner of a room is usually the most stable
- Avoid exposure to extreme heat or cold. Scales perform best at normal room temperature. If temperatures have changed dramatically, calibration and adjustment may be necessary.
- Do not exceed the scale’s maximum capacity. Overloading your scale can permanently damage it!
- Allow your scale to warm up for 30 – 60 seconds before performing calibration and adjustment. (if available)
- Store your scale in a clean, dry location. Dust, dirt and moisture can accumulate in the weighing sensors and electronics causing inaccuracy or malfunction.
- Avoid using your scale in close proximity devices that emit strong radio waves such as computers, cash registers, and cordless phones.
- Gently apply all items to be weighed. Do not drop items onto the weighing platform.
- Avoid dropping your scale. The warranty does not cover damage due to rough treatment or overload.
- Do not disassemble your scale. This product contains no user serviceable parts.
- Check the battery first if you are having trouble with your scale. This simple step can remedy most scale issues.
- Packaging material was placed in the battery compartment to prevent any battery drainage during shipping and storage.
- Prior to using your scale for the first time, remove the plastic insulation strips from the compartment.
- When replacing the batteries, make sure to correctly align the positive and negative contacts.
- Place the scale on a flat, leveled surface.
- Place the round weighing tray on the scale’s platform and press the [ON] key to turn on the scale.
- Once the start-up process completes and the scale displays zero, you are ready to weigh. (Wait a few seconds for the display to stabilize before taking a weight reading.)
- Press the [MODE] key to change the scales displayed unit of measure.
- If the scale is turned off then back on, it will by default turn on the last unit used.
- You can use the tare feature to subtract the weight of an empty box or container for net weight determination. (The weight of the container will subtract from the available capacity)
- Turn on the scale as described above.
- Place the empty container or vessel on the weighing platform.
- Press the [TARE] key once. The display will then reset to zero. If the container is removed, its weight will be displayed as a negative number.
- You may proceed to fill the container with the desired quantity to be weighed. The display will show the net weight of the contents.
- To return to normal weight display (gross weight), remove any items from the weighing platform and press the [TARE] key again to re-zero the scale.
- The calibration of the scales has been performed at the factory. However, the weighing range can shift slightly during the shipping, or due to changes in local acceleration of gravity around the world. If scale begins to show inaccuracies, please perform calibration with 2 x Smart Weigh 10 g calibration weights (included). To perform calibration please follow the steps below.
- Place the 10 g calibration weight on the scale and note the display value.
- If the displayed value is not within acceptable tolerance (within 19.996g~20.004g ), calibration is required.
- Turn on the scale and wait for the display to show “0.000g”.
- Press and hold the [ON] key until the display shows “CAL”; then release.
- Press the [ON] key once more. The display will flash “10.000g”.
- Place one of the 10g calibration weights on the center of the platform. Once the weight is accepted, the display will change to show “20.000g”.
- Place the second 10g weight on top of the first one to equal a total of 20g.
- Once the weight is accepted, the display will show "PASS" then return to the normal weighing mode. Calibration is complete! Note: Performing calibration with the wrong calibration weights may cause severe weight fluctuations.
Problem: Scale does not turn on.
Solution: check the batteries.
Problem: The weight display fluctuates randomly.
Solution: Make sure your work areas surface is stable and free of any air Currents or vibration.
Problem: Weight display is inaccurate.
Solution: Adjustment calibration should be performed.
88888 Maximum capacity exceeded.
L Batteries are low.
OUTZ Zero range has shifted. Perform calibration adjustment.
GEM20 At a Glance
Recycling old electricals is easy!
If you’ve bought a new electrical, take your old item to your local recycling centre to ensure that it is treated in an environmentally friendly way.
Find out how to minimise your effect on the environment by visiting www.recycle-more.co.uk. Locate your nearest recycling facilities for electrical waste with the recycle-more.co.uk bank locator, which includes an easy-to-use interactive mapping system.
www.recycle-more.co.uk offers lots of information and advice on all aspects of recycling, making it quick and simple for everyone to make a difference and recycle-more! You will also find advice and tips on how to recycle waste electrical goods and other household items, making it quick and easy for everyone to recycle-more!
- All our Smart Weigh scales are individually tested and backed with a 2-year warranty.